Conception … to completion
Our highly trained designers can keep you fully informed throughout the entire design process – ensuring the end product is tailored to your specific requirements. A brief description of the steps involved in a typical new build project is as follows:-
- Initial discussions with client
- Feasibility Study if requested
- Conceptual design arrangement
- Preliminary design calculations
- Continue discussions with client as required
- Finalise design arrangement
- Prepare Design Specification
- Prepare tender documentation and specification if required
- Detailed design calculations – weight estimates, preliminary hull form design, preliminary stability data etc
- Finalise Hull model and generate lines plan
- Finalise design calculations using final hull model and lines plan, produce hydrostatics, KNs, subdivision calc etc. based on conditions and class of survey required.
- Structural Design calculations.
- Preparation of hull construction drawings.
- Finalise hull construction drawings and superstructure Drawings
- Continuous checking throughout all stages of design and plan preparation
- Regulatory Body Submissions
- Prepare engineering drawings:- shafting, coupling, rudder, piping, etc.
- Loadline – if required, prepare loadline drawing and calculate loadline
- On completion of vessel:- if required, conduct sea trials, conduct inclining experiment, prepare stability report.
- Vessel Handover